Caring For Your Jewellery
- Remove jewellery when applying creams, lotions, sprays and perfume.
- If your jewellery comes into contact with any chemicals rinse immediately to avoid build up. Build up can make cleaning difficult.
- Precious metals are tarnish resistant but may eventually show signs of wear if not taken care of. Wipe down jewellery with a clean, soft cloth after wear.
- Chlorine is especially damaging to jewellery, ensure that it is removed before swimming.
- It is also recommended jewellery is not worn while cleaning, showering, in bed or during sporting activities.
- Keep jewellery clean and dry.
- Clean your silver jewellery in warm soapy water with a soft brush, ensuring that it is rinsed thoroughly and dried before storing. Never fully submerge your jewellery in water.
- As with most precious metals silver will tarnish over time. To restore the original shine wipe down with a non abrasive silver polishing cloth. This should be done regularly to prevent build up.
- Tarnishing is less likely to occur if the item is regularly worn.
- Tarnishing will happen more quickly when jewellery comes into contact with chemicals.
- It is recommended that your jewellery is stored in its presentation tin complete with the tarnish resistant pouch.
- Store away from sunlight and heat.
- Avoid storing next to costume jewellery or watches with leather straps.
- Store jewellery separately so that pieces do not tangle, rub or scratch against each other.
- Never store jewellery in the bathroom.